00 Virtual Museum
- Dr. & Mrs. A. Dale Topping L-T-A Museum Virtual Museum of the Lighter-Tan-Air Society’s Collection
01 Other Museums and Exhibits
- MAPS Air Museum – North Canton, Ohio MAPS Air Museum – Including the Control Car from the Goodyear blimp Spirit of Akron
- Summit Memory View The Lighter Than Air Society’s collection on Summit Memory
- Naval Airship Assn. Home of the Naval Airship Association
- Northeast Ohio Balloon Pilots Association
Tag Archives: Lockheed Martin
Pentagon Seeks Blimps That Can Detect Threats for Saudi Arabia
Source: Bloomberg Government – bgov.com By Cameron Leuthy The Pentagon is seeking vendors that can supply Saudi Arabia with moored blimps, fifteen months after the U.S. State Department approved a possible $525 million Foreign Military Sale to the country.
Posted in Aerostats, Airships, Blimps Tagged aerostat, blimp, JLENS, Lockheed Martin, raytheon, surveillance blimp, TCOMM LP, Tethered blimp Leave a comment
Turbine Makers Look for Airship Solutions
Source: Windpower Monthly – windpowermonthly.com By Craig Richard Vestas and Siemens Gamesa are jointly looking to the skies for an alternative to costly and difficult road transportation of turbine components over long distances.
Posted in Airships, Hybrid Airships Tagged aeroscraft, Airlander, airship, dirigible, Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd., hybrid airship, LMH-1, Lockheed Martin, Siemens Gamesa, Varialift, Vestas Leave a comment
LMH-1 airship “float out” pushed to 2019
Source: Skies – skiesmag.com By Howard Slutsken Originally planned for next year, the first flight of Lockheed Martin’s LMH-1 hybrid airship is now expected in 2019, according to Dr. Bob Boyd, program manager, LMH-1.
Posted in Airships, Hybrid Airships Tagged airship, Hybrid Air Freighters, hybrid airship, LMH-1, Lockheed Martin, Straightline Aviation Leave a comment