00 Virtual Museum
- Dr. & Mrs. A. Dale Topping L-T-A Museum Virtual Museum of the Lighter-Tan-Air Society’s Collection
01 Other Museums and Exhibits
- MAPS Air Museum – North Canton, Ohio MAPS Air Museum – Including the Control Car from the Goodyear blimp Spirit of Akron
- Summit Memory View The Lighter Than Air Society’s collection on Summit Memory
- Naval Airship Assn. Home of the Naval Airship Association
- Northeast Ohio Balloon Pilots Association
Tag Archives: Maiden flight
Airlander 10 to Make Its Maiden Flight This Summer
Source: Daily Mail – dailymail.co.uk [extract] By Richard Gray The world’s largest aircraft is finally due to prove its place in the future of air travel when it leaves its hangar for the first time later this month ahead of … Continue reading
Posted in Airships, Hybrid Airships Tagged Airlander, Cardington Hangars, Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd., hybrid airship, Maiden flight Leave a comment
Goodyear’s newest airship holds first flight
Source: Akron Beacon Journal – ohio.com By Jim Mackinnon After months of blimp-free skies, there’s a new Goodyear airship flying over the Akron area.
Posted in Airships, Blimps Tagged airship, blimp, Blimp NT, goodyear, Maiden flight, Wingfoot Lake Leave a comment
Two Airships Prepare for Maiden Flights in March
There are two airships that expect to make their maiden flights in March. One of them is the second Goodyear Blimp NT being built at the Wingfoot Lake Hangar in Northeast Ohio, the other is the Airlander being built by … Continue reading
The new Gooyear Blimp makes its maiden flight.
This morning, March 17, 2014, a few minutes before 10:00 AM (EDT), the new Goodyear Blimp took to the air for the first time.
Posted in Airships, Blimps, News Tagged airship, Akron, blimp, Blimp NT, goodyear, Maiden flight, Wingfoot Lake, zeppelin Leave a comment