00 Virtual Museum
- Dr. & Mrs. A. Dale Topping L-T-A Museum Virtual Museum of the Lighter-Tan-Air Society’s Collection
01 Other Museums and Exhibits
- MAPS Air Museum – North Canton, Ohio MAPS Air Museum – Including the Control Car from the Goodyear blimp Spirit of Akron
- Summit Memory View The Lighter Than Air Society’s collection on Summit Memory
- Naval Airship Assn. Home of the Naval Airship Association
- Northeast Ohio Balloon Pilots Association
Tag Archives: gas balloon
Frozen in time: A look at ill-fated balloon journey to the Arctic
Source: Albuquerque Journal – abqjournal.com By Rick Nathanson Between the years 1550 and 1900, more than 500 people were lost or killed trying to get to the North Pole, mostly by sailing ships or pulled on sledges by dogs or … Continue reading
Touchdown! Team SUI-01 Crosses the Sea to Greece to Win
Source: gordonbennett.aero Team SUI-01: “So now we are descending over beautiful flat ground. Thank you to all our team for the fantastic support. It was a great time and we can still find it hard to believe that our dream … Continue reading
60th Coupe Aéronautique Gordon Bennett Is Underway
Update – 4 At 0:25 AM, CET of September 21, the Spain 1 balloon landed on the southern tip of Italy, leaving only the Swiss 1 & 2 balloons as the remaining teams still flying.
Follow the 59th Coupe Aéronautique Gordon Bennett online – Launch of the gas balloons on Friday !
Source: Fédération Aéronautique Internationale – fai.org The Coupe Aéronautique Gordon Bennett, the FAI World Long Distance Gas Balloon Championship, is the oldest and most prestigious event in aviation and the ultimate challenge for the pilots.
Verascope Glass Slides of a Balloon Derby That Took Place in London in 1909 Are Offered in Auction
About 175 black and white photographs of a gas balloon race held over London in 1909 are being auctioned by Dominic Winter Auctioneers of Cirencester, Gloucester.
Posted in Balloons, History Tagged balloon race, gas balloon Leave a comment