The single-family home at 338 E. 3rd St. Greenville, OH 45331, has 7 bedrooms, 2 baths, and approximately 3,384 square feet. The lot size is 7,850 square feet. The house was built in 1851 and has had 3 owners including the present one. The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and located in Darke County, approx. 45 minutes’ drive from Dayton, Ohio.
Current owner did extensive research on both the home and its original owners and has copies of original wills and deeds, as well as family pictures, biographies, etc. All materials will be ceded to the home and its new owners.
Owner is “more than willing to work with someone who loves the house as much as I do!” and does not wish to see the historic property subdivided into multiple apartments. Contact information is below.
- New main electrical box in basement
- New electric hot water heater
- New Trane furnace
- New metal roof (tin with copper baked in to prevent oxidation)
- New metal rain gutters, copper (possibly the same material as the roof)
- New electrical outlets throughout
- New storm door on front with interchangeable, full length glass or screen insert
- Entire home insulated with sprayed insulation. Insulation exceeds requirements
- All rooms are open and usable; nothing closed up
- Basement is not finished but it is dry and in excellent repair
- 2 car garage, finished, with electric garage door opener
- Attached and finished workshop, wired and heated with a corn furnace
- Faux tin ceilings have been installed in the kitchen as well as both bathrooms
- Brand-new built in stainless steel and glass stove vent
- Mosaic tile backsplash installed behind the stove from chair rail to ceiling
- New ceiling light and fan in kitchen
- New chandeliers in dining room and living room
- Walk-in closet built for the master bedroom, but it can be removed to restore room to original state
- All woodwork in the home is original. The majority of the window casings and baseboards are painted, as well as the solid wood doors
- Original hardwood floors throughout the house. Floors have been refinished but showing some wear in high traffic areas
- Original staircase banister and railing in parlor have been stripped and refinished to match the floors
- Original built-in cabinet in dining room refinished with original glass window panes
- Original chandeliers in parlor
- All windows except 2 have original glass; all windows have storm windows
- Fireplaces in parlor and living room, as well as 2 bedrooms upstairs. All are currently blocked but can be reopened
- Wallpaper has been applied in the parlor and is vintage style dating to the 1800s.
- Dining room has been papered with wallpaper original to the home
- Antique mirror hanging over living room fireplace is original to the home and undamaged
- The home originally had a wrap-around porch on the Locust St. side. It has been partially rebuilt using reclaimed original limestone blocks from the foundation of another historical Greenville home. Solid wood pillars, also reclaimed, are available for further work on porch
- All iron fencing is original to home. Backyard is fenced with white picket
- Attached wood deck in back installed by previous owners.
An average winter month costs approximately $150 in gas and $120 in electric
For more information and asking price, please contact:
Roberta Aubuchon, email: email@example.com phone: 937-547-0556
Further photos have been posted on the Internet. The current owner wishes it known that she never listed the house at this price nor with this realtor, and the price does not accurately reflect the value of the home.
The photos also do not reflect the changes the current owner has made to the front porch, the safety railings on the front steps, nor the shutters installed to restore the original appearance of the home. To see these photos please click here.