00 Virtual Museum
- Dr. & Mrs. A. Dale Topping L-T-A Museum Virtual Museum of the Lighter-Tan-Air Society’s Collection
01 Other Museums and Exhibits
- MAPS Air Museum – North Canton, Ohio MAPS Air Museum – Including the Control Car from the Goodyear blimp Spirit of Akron
- Summit Memory View The Lighter Than Air Society’s collection on Summit Memory
- Naval Airship Assn. Home of the Naval Airship Association
- Northeast Ohio Balloon Pilots Association
Tag Archives: Google internet-beaming balloons
Google’s internet balloons now bringing service to remote areas of Puerto Rico
Source: New York Daily News – nydailynews.com Google’s parent Alphabet Inc. said Friday that its stratospheric balloons are now delivering the internet to remote areas of Puerto Rico where cellphone towers were knocked out by Hurricane Maria.
Google Is Testing Its Internet Balloons in a Huge Freezer
Source: Wired – wired.com By Cade Metz Mahesh Krishnaswamy looks for leaks in Google balloons. He works on Project Loon, Google’s ambitious plan to deliver Internet service from enormous balloons floating in the stratosphere.
Posted in Balloons, Helium Balloons, Stratospheric Balloons Tagged Eglin Air Force Base, Google, Google internet-beaming balloons, Google Loon Project, Hangar One, helium balloon, high altitude helium balloons, McKinley Climatic Laboratory, Moffett Field, Project Loon, Stratospheric balloon Leave a comment
Google Launches Internet-beaming Balloons
Source: Associated Press By Nick Perry and Martha Mendoza Wrinkled and skinny at first, the translucent, jellyfish-shaped balloons that Google released this week from a frozen field in the heart of New Zealand’s South Island hardened into shiny pumpkins as … Continue reading