00 Virtual Museum
- Dr. & Mrs. A. Dale Topping L-T-A Museum Virtual Museum of the Lighter-Tan-Air Society’s Collection
01 Other Museums and Exhibits
- MAPS Air Museum – North Canton, Ohio MAPS Air Museum – Including the Control Car from the Goodyear blimp Spirit of Akron
- Summit Memory View The Lighter Than Air Society’s collection on Summit Memory
- Naval Airship Assn. Home of the Naval Airship Association
- Northeast Ohio Balloon Pilots Association
Tag Archives: Columbia
Goodyear Deflates Blimp, but Keeps Familiar Form in Flight
Source: Daily Journal – dailyjournal.net By John Rogers Excerpt Goodyear has let the helium out of the last of its fabled fleet of blimps, but the company’s flight program will continue.
Posted in Airships, Blimps Tagged airship, blimp, Columbia, Eagle, goodyear, Goodyear blimp, GZ-20A, Spirit of Innovation, Wingfoot Two Leave a comment
Blimp became an MVP in earthquake coverage
Source: Sports Business Journal One of television’s most memorable uses of a blimp began on Oct. 17, 1989, at 5:04 p.m. Pacific time.
Posted in Airships, Blimps, Historical, Uncategorized Tagged 1989 San Francisco Earthquake, Aerial TV coverage, airship, blimp, Columbia, goodyear Leave a comment