The two pieces are each 5 by 7.5 inches. One is from one of the gas cells that were filled with helium to give the airship lift. The other is a piece of fabric from the outer envelope of the dirigible. They are mounted and framed for display.
After the Navy airship crashed in Noble County, Ohio on September 3, 1925, pieces of the airship were gathered by residents of the area. These two samples were given to Albert H. Behrman who was an avid collector of historical items. He also was greatly interested in Native American Lore.
Upon his passing, his collections were passed to his nephew, John Donald Behrman. Don, who was a graphic artist in Cincinnati, mounted, labeled and framed the two pieces of fabric.